Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you were involved in a car accident (multiple cars) in Perth, Western Australia, suffering an injury and were not at fault you should be covered by Western Australia’s third party insurance.

For any Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology services to approved you must lodge your claim with the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) and have visited your GP with a report and approval that treatment or exercise rehabilitation is clinically necessary. Your GP will eliminate any serious conditions and refer to the appropriate allied health professionals. Aspire Physiotherapy Claremont has had experience treating patients who have been involved in motor vehicle accidents.

Some points to keep in mind:

  • car accident involving another car or more and not at fault

  • It is your choice whether to follow up ICWA to claim for expenses

  • For approval of Physiotherapy and/or Exercise Physiology services a referral from your GP and must have a claim number from ICWA

  • If treatment

  • It is a requirement of the Insurance Companies of WA that you attend all scheduled Physiotherapy appointments

  • Insurance companies are able to access our records for your appointment attendance as they are funding the costs to assist your ‘rehabilitation’ process.

  • If you’re still awaiting acceptance of your claim, you are ultimately responsible for all compensation accounts and therefore be required to pay for your consultation until approval has been finalised